B23 Starting Up
- Turn on the Nitrogen (25L/min) for 15 mins.
- Look at the Linux station monitor, if Port shutter is closed, called Control x8899 to open Port shutter.
- Click FE Beam Permit button, click Reset.
- Click FE Beam Permit button again, click Open. Wait until you see the light path to the modules.
- If temperature control is required for experiments,
- turn pump on (JULABO AWC 100)
- turn Quantum Peltier box.
- Turn on OLIS System Controller Black Box next to PC tower
- Turn on PC, press Ctrl Alt Del and type username: OLIS & password: OLISUser
- Open "Olis GlobalWorks" on the desktop, click "Data Collection", then "DSM20"
- Click X-Y axis, check box next to Plot HVs
- Click Live Display on the tool bar to enter parameter required.
- Click Temp Controller if using Peltier system, click ON and enter value of Temperature required.
- Open E-book on the other PC monitor. Fill up details of experiments.
- Go back to Live Display and press, Collect Data to start measurement. Sample pop-up box will appear. Fill in sample details which can be copied from E-book for your reference. Click Save to start the measurement.
- After data collection, a command will appear asking if you want to transfer data. Click Yes to transfer. Data can now be saved.
- Save data as date, module used, spectra number. eg first spectrum run on Module B on 21 July 2012 would be saved as 210712b01.
- To save data, click file Save as, select P:b23-storage, click the year, then your project no. Save file under the name as above.
- Please only keep up to 30 datafiles open (including PMT data) to avoid system crash.
Data are saved in proprietary *.ols files. These files can be converted to ASCII files as block conversion using Diamond in-house ASCII converter called OLISgui. To convert files
- Click on My computer or under Settings
- Open W:
- Click CD programs
- Click on OLISGUI latest version
- Another window OLIS ASCII Converter will open
- Click browse of OLIS file and open B23-storage.diamond.ac.uk P: drive, click year, your project no., select all *.ols files to be converted
- Click Open and all files selected will be displayed in the box
- Click Convert– DO NOT INTERRUPT THE CONVERSION PROCESS
- The converted files (this may take some time depending on how many files are being converted will have the same name but with extension *.txt displayed in the box.
- Converted files are stored in Processing folder of your project folder.
- Close the converter.
- Data can now be open with any spreadsheet software.